Sharing the main points on my work at home workplace setup, plus my expertise with utilizing a strolling pad.
Hellooooo! How are ya and the way’s the morning going to this point? We’re again into actual life after our little journey and it felt good to have just a few days of normalcy. I’m so sick of restaurant and takeout meals, I inform ya. It’s additionally wonderful to have espresso at dwelling – Starbucks won’t ever be the identical to me.
This morning I’ve an thrilling podcast interview and am unpacking, and re-packing. 🙂 I’d love to listen to what you’re as much as!
For at the moment’s submit, I wished to share my little work at home setup, plus my expertise utilizing a strolling pad. It’s helped me dramatically enhance my steps and exercise stage throughout longer work days, and I’m so pumped with this replace to the workplace!
My WFH (work at home) setup
My lil workplace area:
I’ve sufficient room in right here to meditate, work, stroll, or get in a fast exercise (like Sculpt Society).
Listed here are among the issues I’ve within the workplace:
– My beloved Peloton bike! Good for cardio exercises or shaking my legs out
– My PEMF Go Mat. I take advantage of this for meditation each morning, or after I really feel like I would like a recharge or Zen second. My full PEMF Go Mat review post is here, and if you happen to’d like one for your self, here is the link! My code is FITNESSISTA15 for 15% off
– A regular desk. I like having this for shorter work periods or after I want to talk/current, like dwell recordings, course recordings, and extra formal Zoom calls. The desk and chair are from World Market however each offered out, since they’re years outdated.
– Triangle shelf (similar here) crammed with pictures and the ladies’ art work.
– On the alternative wall (unpictured), I also have this book shelf, which has a few of my health and diet assets and the Pilot’s army cash/flags/thingies.
TBH, I began to dread time within the workplace as a result of it often meant that I’d be sitting for hours. I’m positive lots of you’ll be able to relate, however after I sit for hours, I really feel horrible afterwards. My muscular tissues are creaky and my power stage plummets to the bottom.
As soon as I’m “within the zone,” it’s straightforward for me to get right into a time warp and work nonstop, however for longer duties, I positively should power myself to do it. Having the strolling pad has made a WORLD of distinction. I don’t really feel daunted by massive duties (like watching a number of movies in a row) as a result of I’ve the prospect to maneuver whereas I’m doing it. I’ve additionally seen that my afternoon power is a lot better after I’m slowly strolling as a substitute of sitting for a very long time.
Some suggestions for utilizing a strolling pad with an electrical desk:
(and among the issues I’ve needed to study the onerous means)
– Use sneakers! This was a studying level for me as a result of I do just about every part barefoot. The bottoms of my ft began to harm a little bit, so I go away a pair of sneakers subsequent to the strolling pad. (I’m loving my Vivobarefoots proper now.)
– Add an extender to your Apple watch or your health band so you’ll be able to connect to your ankle if monitoring steps is essential to you.
– Watch your neck and alter the place of the desk as wanted. Ideally, our display ought to be in keeping with our eyes. This isn’t sensible once we’re typing, however if you happen to’re watching a video, attempt elevating the desk so that you don’t should bend your neck as a lot to view the display.
– Take breaks. It’s essential to take display breaks whether or not you’re strolling or seated. Give your eyes an opportunity to relaxation, go exterior, or just look away from the display and in all instructions. (Clearly watch out if you happen to’re doing this whereas strolling lol.) I additionally prefer to put on my blue gentle blockers after I’m on screens after sundown, and throughout the day, I’ve f.lux on my laptop (which makes the display extra of a yellow hue so my retinas aren’t burning).
– Identical to anything, work as much as it! I positively do NOT stroll for hours per day – and it’s not my objective as a result of I don’t need my physique to count on it – however I’m as much as the purpose the place I can stroll and kind for about an hour. Begin with 10-Quarter-hour and add on a bit every week till you attain your objective time. You can too use it to interrupt up longer seated periods, like strolling for 5-10 minutes each hour.
So there ya go!
What’s your work setup like? Do you work from home, or at an workplace?
I had been exploring some coworking areas in Tucson to change issues up a bit, however now that I’ve the strolling pad, I’ve been extra excited and motivated to work at home. 🙂 Additionally, we’ve fairly good espresso, snacks, and the cutest Sheepadoodle curled up at my ft.