Fluffy lemon buttercream frosting with the flavour of recent citrusy lemon is nice on sugar cookies, cheesecake, and cupcakes!
This recent lemon buttercream frosting recipe makes use of actual lemons, and it makes the intense, sunny flavors pop on every part!
Good over lemon cupcakes, to high a layer cake full of lemon curd, this lemon frosting is a favourite with a number of recent lemon taste.
The best way to Juice and Zest Lemons
- Lemon Zest: For zest, use the zest of two full lemons (or extra) with a Microplane grater or the best aspect of a field grater. Make sure to use simply the yellow a part of the peel, the white half beneath (the pith) is bitter.
- Lemon Juice: To get probably the most juice out of your lemons, For juicing lemons, place lemons within the microwave for about 15-20 seconds. Utilizing the heel of your hand to roll them with mild strain on the counter earlier than chopping.
The best way to Make Lemon Buttercream Filling
- Cream room temperature butter & shortening with a hand electrical mixer till it’s mild and fluffy per the recipe beneath.
- Add lemon zest and juice and blend properly.
- Add the powdered sugar a bit at a time and blend properly. As soon as it’s absolutely integrated, combine on excessive for a few minutes till mild and fluffy!
Suggestions for Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- In case you’d like a thinner consistency, add a bit extra lemon juice.
- For a thicker consistency, add extra powdered sugar.
- Ensure your cake or cupcakes are fully cooled earlier than utilizing.
- In case you’re spreading this on a 9×13 cake or one other use the place it doesn’t want to carry its form, you’ll be able to add 2 ounces of cream cheese together with the butter for just a little tang. In case you add the cream cheese, it received’t maintain its form as properly when piped.
- As a result of that is flavored with pure lemon, the colour is pale yellow. Be at liberty so as to add a couple of drops of yellow meals coloring for a brighter yellow colour.
Can You Freeze Buttercream Frosting?
Lemon buttercream frosting will hold within the fridge for 4 to five days. You may also freeze this frosting for as much as three months in an hermetic container or freezer bag.
Permit it to thaw fully, and be happy to refresh the flavour with a bit of additional lemon juice and whisk it, so it’s easy once more!
Did you like this Lemon Buttercream Frosting? Depart us a remark and a ranking beneath!
Contemporary Lemon Buttercream Frosting
A easy and further creamy lemon buttercream frosting recipe flavored with recent lemon juice and zest.
Zest each lemons and set zest apart. Juice one of many lemons to make two tablespoons of juice. Reserve the remaining lemon for one more use.
In a medium bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), cream butter and shortening with a mixer on medium velocity till mild and fluffy. Add lemon zest, lemon juice (and extract if utilizing), and a pinch of salt. Combine properly.
Add powdered sugar ½ cup at a time and beat till mild and fluffy.
To thicken consistency, add extra powdered sugar. To melt consistency, add extra lemon juice if required.
Energy: 261 | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 0.3g | Fats: 16g | Saturated Fats: 8g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 2g | Monounsaturated Fats: 5g | Trans Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 92mg | Potassium: 29mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 359IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.1mg
Diet info supplied is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of elements used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.