These candy & bitter cocktail meatballs are simple to make and so scrumptious!
Tender juicy meatballs are simmered in a fast two ingredient sauce for the proper candy and bitter cocktail meatball!
These can be the very first thing gone, and no person will ever imagine what’s in them!
Excellent Occasion Appetizer
- Cocktail meatballs are a celebration recipe! Serve them at each celebration or gathering, and watch them disappear!
- They’re really easy to make with simply three components!
- Serve these candy and bitter meatballs as an appetizer and even served over rice for a weeknight meal that your loved ones will love!
Components for Candy & Bitter Meatballs
I typically make grape jelly meatballs, however do you know which you can mainly select any candy ingredient and any tangy ingredient for an awesome cocktail meatball sauce?
Meatballs – You should use the recipe beneath for homemade meatballs, or use a bag of frozen absolutely cooked meatballs for a straightforward appetizer with virtually no prep wanted! You can even use the identical sauce for cocktail smokies.
Sauce – The straightforward sauce for these candy and bitter meatballs wants simply two components: one candy and one tangy.
- Select one candy – apricot preserves, strawberry jam, grape jelly, or cranberry sauce.
- Select one tangy – ketchup, chilli sauce, bbq sauce.
Methods to Make Cocktail Meatballs
What may very well be simpler than this three-ingredient recipe?
- Make the meatballs (as per the recipe beneath) or use frozen meatballs.
- Combine the sauce components collectively and warmth on low in a saucepan.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the sauce, deliver to a boil, then simmer till thickened.
These work completely within the Crockpot too!
- Simply bake the meatballs as directed (or simply add them frozen in case you’re not making home made)
- Place the sauce components within the gradual cooker.
- Add meatballs to the sauce and let warmth by way of on excessive for at the very least 1-2 hours earlier than serving (a bit longer if utilizing frozen).
As soon as heated by way of meatballs could be left on low for serving.
- Cocktail meatballs could be made forward and refrigerated or frozen for future use.
- They’ll hold within the fridge for 3-4 days and can retain their taste within the freezer for 2-3 months.
- You’ll want to prepare dinner and reheat to a temperature of 165ºF.
Did your loved ones love these Candy and Bitter Meatballs? In that case, go away a ranking and remark beneath!
Candy and Bitter Cocktail Meatballs
Candy and bitter meatballs are a scrumptious appetizer that may be cooked on the range prime or within the gradual cooker.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
If making home made meatballs, mix floor beef, diced onion, bread crumbs, eggs, and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide the combination into 1-inch meatballs.
Bake home made meatballs for 18-20 minutes or bake frozen meatballs in keeping with bundle instructions.
In a big saucepan over medium-low warmth, mix apricot preserves and barbecue sauce. Stir till the preserves begin to soften.
Add in meatballs and produce the combination to a boil.
Scale back warmth to low and simmer for 10-Quarter-hour or till the sauce is barely thickened.
- 10 ounces strawberry preserves & ⅔ cup ketchup
- 14 ounces jellied cranberry sauce & 12 ounces chili sauce
If utilizing absolutely cooked meatballs, they don’t have to be baked first. Simmering time could have to be elevated barely.
These meatballs will hold within the fridge for 3-4 days. They can even hold within the freezer for 2-3 months.
Serving: 1meatball | Energy: 56 | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fats: 1g | Ldl cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 93mg | Potassium: 99mg | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 0.8mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.6mg
Diet info offered is an estimate and can fluctuate primarily based on cooking strategies and types of components used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content material and images are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is each inspired and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.